Friday, January 2, 2009

THE YEAR OF THE RISK TAKER..

I'm going for mines.. in '09. Okay, that was corny.. but true! It is amazing when you surround yourself with like minded people that all want to move forward. For most of 2008, I was stuck in a rut. I can't tell you how much I hate being "stuck in a rut"! When things stay the same, I get bored, when I get bored, I get frustrated, when I get frustrated, I get motivated. So now, I'm at the final stage.. motivation, now comes the season of change. Yes, Pastor Jenkins (First Baptist Church of Glenarden) spoke about the Season of Change for this year's Watch Night service... and yes I went to a party afterwards, but me and Jesus talked about it, and he said it was okay. So I started out my New Year's on the right foot. This year's theme.. be more of a risk taker .. or atleast have more new experiences, and don't be afraid of the unknown. So I started out my year at Shelly's Back Room with a special friend that introduced me to the art of cigar smoking. As unladylike as cigar smoking may sound.. I felt quite refined. Like a GAW (grown ass woman). Next up.. move to a new city, start a new career(s), sky diving, a new tattoo, and to be on the unrelentless path to find what makes ME happy!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus said it was OK? ummm. And your goal is to make YOU happy?