Saturday, January 3, 2009

I am SO happy to be home!!

It is a beautiful thing to live AWAY from your family! Visiting for the holidays is fine but if the visit is too long it becomes resentful!

Do not get me wrong, I LOVE my family to death! However, I like sleeping in my own bed, not having my family and others tell me how to raise my child, and I LOVE peace of mind which is what I get when I am away from them!

Here are my top 5 reasons why I love being at home after the holidays!

5. I do not have to watch "Cousin Roscoe" do the happy dance because my grandmother made sweet potato pie! Mind you, the dance happened at noon because Roscoe has been drinking since 9 AM!!!

4. I am tired of my family saying that your daughter is just like you, she is "hard headed" and that makes a soft behind.....

3. I don't have a curfew! Being in my mid thirties and married, you think, by now my father would stop asking, so when will you be home?..?..? And I talk to him once a week when I am not home but for some odd reason, when I am home, he feels the need to call me every 5 minutes!

2. I do not have to look at my brother and want to slap his face! At 30 years of age, he still accepts NO responsibility for his life, has no "REAL" job, AND has moved back home with my parents!!!

P.S- B*tches continue to "take care of him" that is why he is in this predicment- Ladies, Wake the F*u% up already!!!

1. I do not have to visit my in-laws everyday!!! Hallelujah! Quarterly visits are just fine with me thanks!!!

Does anyone else share my pain? Please comment!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! So true. As we speak, I am currently trying to relocate away from my family. Love them dearly, just now want to try to love them from afar!

Thank ya very much

JAB '09

Anonymous said...

u always keep it real! Love ya Cuz!!