Friday, January 23, 2009

FUNKY TRANSITIONS



Sitting here watching Max and Ruby on Noggin with my "chick" niece who is refusing to finish her mac & cheese, but is inclined in the same breath to ask for a cookie. I was reflecting on how drastically my life has changed since this time last week. What was I doing last Friday night?... shaking in my boots.. watching movers pull out of my driveway with all my belongings.. looking through my empty house which now looked so much smaller without the large sectional and 42" plasma hanging from the wall... so I was thinking.. am I making the right decision.. leaving all this behind? Traveling to a new city .. with no real prospects.. all because I'm bored and feel the need to fulfill a desire to never be complacent. Shouldn't I be more settled (in my lower/mid 30's)? So up 85 North with satellite radio blarring in the background and about 1/3 of my closet.. I left familiarity behind.. to witness history (that is now President Obama thank you very much!) and create a little of my own. Moment of clarity came on Tuesday around 9 am surrounded by 2 million of my new best friends that I realized I can never fail if I atleast try. Do I have my dream job yet? Maybe not.. Am I living life on my own terms? ABSOLUTELY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made the right decision! Everything will fall into place and you will have a new testimony!