Sunday, January 25, 2009

HONEY MUSTARD OR BUST..


A few of you know I've been out of sorts in the last week. I'm literally a real life nomad... traveling from one friend's house to another.. but the end will justify the means soon enough... any who.. my eating habits have been quite lack luster since all the excitement behind Obama's inauguration and since I actually did pack up and move to another city. The thought of cooking a home cooked meal just hasn't crossed my mind. Before my bank account gives me a code 10 alert, I treated myself to Outback yesterday (I know.. fancy!). Now, small things make me happy.. naps in the afternoon, catching a new episode of Divine Design, and finding an extra $20 in a coat pocket sends me doing the happy dance... BUT small things can just as easily send me into full cuss out mode. Yesterday, after what seemed an eternity after running a sh*t load of errands (and being lost in Fairfax county for an hour), and in that delicate stage of the beginnings of the sniffles and full blown pneumonia.. all I could think about coming up 495 was my beloved Chicken Griller on a bed of wild rice with a side of bbq pineapple slices, a loaf of bread and HONEY MUSTARD. The honey mustard is a key component... without it I might as well start gnawing on a piece of sand paper. I pull up to curbside, and what appears to be a young man evidently going through puberty comes to retrieve my name. Just a few short minutes later, he reappears with food in hand, I hand him a $20 (from the coat pocket) and tell him to keep the change (what?). When you are on your death bed, your judgement becomes questionable. Headed home, my mouth salivating, I run into the house, peel off my coat and shoes, head to the kitchen, get a bottled water and start to empty the contents of my bag. No honey mustard!!!!!!! First thought.. ahhh.. hell naw! The thought of giving that pre teen a $4 tip with no honey mustard sent me into a RAGE!!! So I jumped back into the ride.. drove 3 miles back to Outback, and proceeded to cuss out any employee that crossed my path. What did I get for my troubles?.. a free appetizer.. was it worth it? probably not.. am I PMSing? Hells yes!

1 comment: