Wednesday, January 28, 2009

CAUGHT YA SLIPPIN..



WELCOME TO ANOTHER EPISODE OF "HOW TO EMBARRASS YOURSELF.. ON A SHEET OF ICE".
This week I learned that BLACK ICE is not just a funky air freshener but you could lose your life just trying to get to your car. It is the DEVIL!! As usually, I under estimate or ignore any and all weather warnings.. because I am all knowing, and sh*t doesn't happen to me (I think). As I'm getting dressed for work and watching the morning news reports on dangerous ice conditions.. I say to myself.. oh.. that won't affect me.. I'll just walk slowly to my car. I can make it. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.. fall.. or bust their ass on a sloped driveway all the way down to the street. It was like I went sledding.. without the sled. On the way down I was thinking.. I going to need a paramedic. It could've been worse. Someone could've easily slid into my car.. there's not a Tylenol pill big enough for that one. After I scraped myself off the pavement along with the rest of my dignity, I had to sit in the car for another 30 minutes to thaw out the 3 inch thick sheet of ice covering my windshield. No.. I didn't have an ice scraper.. I'm going to Target tomorrow.

No comments: