Saturday, January 31, 2009

NOW HOW DO I FILE FOR UNEMPLOYMENT?


I am officially one of the 588,000 people in 2009(and that number is growing)that will now be filing for unemployment! The year just started!! How much worse is this going to get? I was officially given the option yesterday that I have two choices- obtain a new position that requires me to travel approximately 3-4 hours A DAY (Been there, done that!)OR give notice. The good news, is at least "notice" comes with severance! Cha-Ching!$!$$! I must admit though after being fully employed with this company for 13 years, I have mixed emotions. It was a company that was very good to me. Also, I ENJOY working!! I like being able to go on a Target binge or buy a pair of Manolos without having to worry. As a married "chick" I like not having to explain my purhcases. So here is the good news- God has a plan for everything and I think he knew deep down, I needed a new challenge. It is NO LONGER the same company. Respect for people has fallen by the wayside. I was not in love with my job like I once was. I was actually starting to hate it! For anyone else that is in the same boat- we will survive. Find your passion and make it work for you. I know that there is a new adventure waiting for me- HOPEFULLY A RADIO SHOW WITH MY OTHER CHICAS!! We will keep you posted! If you are on the job hunt just as I, I wish you only the best!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post MOCHA MAMA!! You KNOW I feel your pain. It'll all be clearer later. You know your other "chicks" got you!

JAB