Monday, January 26, 2009

PUNCHING THE CLOCK.. AGAIN!



".. I'm going to make it after all.."
What a GREAT day! Now I know how Mary Tyler Moore felt when tossing her crochet hat into the air. I wanted to do that at the corner of Florida and New York Ave NE, but I was afraid I would get hit and killed by oncoming traffic. A huge weight was lifted from my shoulders today. Going back into the office/corporate/work environment after being absent for more than 5 years.. I didn't know what to expect. No, I'm not at a fancy downtown address like my previous on Connecticut Ave, and food choices are limited.. but parking is $7!! That makes up for everything. The usual suspects were all present.. you know those supporting characters that make any job site interesting. First up, the disgruntled temp.. she's mad as hell she had to go back to work for "da man".. and she'll tell anybody who will listen. The "I'm not gay, I just dress really nice" guy who I couldn't figure out until he commented on my shoes and new Kenneth Cole coat.. that is a dead giveaway every time. Oh.. let's not forget the "Are you gonna be my best friend" coworker who can't let you make the initial rounds without trying to know every intimate detail of your life right before you walked in the door. Brings back memories!! My job is top secret. It is completely hilarious to me that every one's job in DC is "top secret".. but they let a temp roll up in there with no background check have access to all this precious information. All I care about.. I get a regular check every two weeks.. ahhhh.. the simple things!

No comments: