Monday, December 29, 2008

GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST: HOLIDAY EDITION


DON'T HATE MY FILA SWAGGER!

As the previous post states.. sorry for the delay. I had a house full of family members all week and my dog started showing beginning symptoms of being bipolar. He now has his meds and is no longer confusing my foot for a fire hydrant.
My gift giving was pretty light this year, since the funds were low, and I have low expectations anyway since I'm over the age of 20. Each year, my father tries to stay relevant or the center of conversation when distributing his Christmas finds to willing recipients. Personally, I think it is that Christmas guilt since him and my mother split up a few years back. This year, he was more reminiscent of the Ghost of Christmas Past.... past fashion faux pas. While he gets an "A" for remembering Kang Jesus' birthday, I don't know what warm feeling led him to the local Kohls department store and proceed to pick out and purchase 5 FILA sweat suit ensembles (shaking my head). This.. coming from a man that asked (and got) an Ipod for Christmas, but doesn't know how to open an attachment in an email. Now this is no time to be picky.. but it's not like I just got off the plane from some foreign country and didn't understand that FILA was hot in '85 (maybe). I didn't have the heart to to tell him that his gift would be shoved in the bottom of a Goodwill drop off box by next week. Season's Greetings!!

No comments: