Monday, June 30, 2008

WORLDWIDE SWAGGER



Okay, I will try in the future to limit my Jayonce coverage and keep my secret infatuation of them to myself. I'm ashamed to admit, but I'm officially a stalker. I wonder if there is a support group for this. Usually, I would not take time out to focus on the Glastonbury Festival, but for the past few months, there was some controversy surrounding it because Jigga was scheduled to headline. A bunch of englishmen got their panties in a bunch because this is the first time a hip hop act is headlining the festival. I don't know why I get personally offended when they try to shut down hip hop. In classic Jay-Z fashion, he silences his critics by entering the stage, guitar in hand covering Oasis' "Wonderwall". Okay.. I know y'all are thinking.. wtf is a "Wonderwall".. seriously, I got too much time on my hands.. While watching the clip, keep in mind they expected him to bomb. By the end, he had 250,000 throwing up the "Roc" sign. I guess the thing that impressed me was he took on the mentality .."Don't talk about it, be about it!". So many hip hop artists take to the radio airwaves or blogs (I see you Kanye) to try to remind us how great they are. Maybe it's something in the testosterone. Let your talent speak for itself. No speeches or grandstanding! While everyone wants to jump to Soulja Boy's defense of making crappy music, I bet you he couldn't pull that sh*t off. Off my soapbox now... around 8:02, you can catch B doing a jump jacks/running man hybrid in support of her man! Ahh. black love. I think I secretly want to be them.. I think they're my new best friends. This concludes my Jayonce coverage for the week. Unless B announces that she's knocked up or anymore pics pop up of her kissing my husband Idris.. I'll keep these unhealthy impulses to myself.... where are my pills?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOVA! HOVA!