Saturday, June 28, 2008

LOVE THE ONE YOU ARE WITH!




Okay, please tell me if this has ever happened to you.... You are positive about life, your job(maybe), everything is going great. You are happy, your spouse or significant other is happy (at least you think so) and BAM! It happens! You see the EX OR the EX contacts you. Or in this case "googles" the sh*t out of your name to track you down. CRAZY!!! LOCO!! Here is the deal, I think it is very human to think about your EX's, what they have been up to, how their lives have turned out, etc. Especially if you cared for them/LOVED them and the breakup was not horrible. However, after SEVERAL years, do you have the right to contact? SHOULD you contact? The answer is probably NO, especially because you broke up for a reason. Maybe it was incompatibility, young love, bad sex, bad breath :), CHEATING BAST@RD, they were just not that into you, WHATEVER..... you are not together and there is a reason for it. So why revisit the past? If you do, you may get excited OR you may be very DISAPPOINTED!!!!! Case in point... I have been tracked down. At first, I was not sure how I felt about this. Honestly, because, I feel that the opposite of LOVE is not HATE, it is INDIFFERENCE and with him, that was EXACTLY how I felt. I was finally happy with someone else. However, I did have butterflies. Not the I am so excited and I cannot wait to see you butterflies, they were the OMG, I cannot believe this, after all this time (10 years +) butterflies. Well, we talked, and I must say, it was a bit therapeutic. I got a lot of my questions answered, so did he. I felt good about the situation especially because I checked him QUICKLY after he tried to "go there." But here is the best part, after talking to him for 10 minutes, I realized why we broke up. He is a LIAR! I could not believe a word that came out of his mouth many years ago and I cannot believe it now and once again, I AM HAPPY! I got the update about him and his family, I got my "what exactly happened" questions answered and I am good. Here is the problem. He keeps calling. Why? Who in the heck knows. I have my assumptions, however, WHO CARES! Stop calling me! I have moved on thank you very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post! I may need counseling. I am the queen of going back to past relationships. I may seriously have to talk to a professional about this.

Anonymous said...

That was good!