Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MY TRUE LOVE




In 2003, I had it all wrong. I was thinking, I needed something new, a breath of fresh air, a change of scenery. Sure.. there has to be greener pastures, so I moved on. Said I wasn't going to look back, but every chance I get... trying to figure out ways to see you again. Orbitz and Cheaptickets.com assisted me in my quest to stay connected, but the more I saw you, the more I knew a mistake was made. I'm mature enough to admit, my decision may have been hasty. You bared your soul to me, showed me all that made you better than the rest. I catch myself reminiscing about our special moments at Republic Gardens, Eastern Market, Horace & Dickies, the Red Sage.. too many to name. You even introduced me to GO GO. So five years later, my feelings have never wavered. You embraced my friends as I deserted you. You are like the perfect mate.. PG and Montgomery are equivalent to the guy that is the marrying kind... soft spoken and stable, but in the District.. some may see you as rough around the edges, but that is part of your essence.. U Street Corridor, Logan Circle, Capitol Hill, 16th Street, Adams Morgan, Rock Creek Park, 9:30 Club, Tuesday nights at Takoma Station, and now.. 201. You make it harder every time I leave you, but I know I'll see you soon. So until then..




Backyard Band @ 930 Club 2001

Your girl was in the front row, check me out around 2:39 doing the two step in slow motion. Oh the memories!

1 comment:

Three Brown Chicks said...

You are insane! You sound like Kanye West(song-Coming Home Again) Great Pic of DC!!! We will be back soon! LCG