Friday, June 13, 2008

STOP PUTTING THAT SH*T IN YOUR MOUTH!!!

BEFORE


AFTER


I had a very interesting conversation with a friend this morning that feels exactly like I do. Why the hell can I not take off 20 pounds?!?! We have both had children recently (her more recent than me :) and we are trying to "get fine" for the summer but it is not working in our favor!!! I obtained an even further perspective after hanging out with my girlfriends this past weekend. We have decided that we do have not the best eating habits and we can all shed a few lbs. Based on these conversations, I have come to the conclusion of many things THAT will help us obtain our "GET FINE STATUS," but I will just share the top 5....

1. You must move your ass! Exercise is not only critical to losing weight but keeping it off. I HATE exercising however, I LOVE looking good so one outweighs the other… Walking to your car to and from work does not count as exercise.
You must take your behind to the gym and or do at least 30-60 minutes of physical activity each day.
NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels!!!

2. Count your calories!!! I think that if you wrote down everything that you put in your mouth for an entire week you would be SHOCKED!!!Ask yourself, would I like to see this on my thighs? As you pick up that doughnut or ice cream cone ask yourself is it worth it? Have I burned enough calories today that will allow me to have this treat???

3.Drinks count!!!! Whether it be a Starbucks Grande cafe mocha, Vitamin water, or wine with your girlfriends after work, they all have calories that add up if you have one too many. Make sure you add that into your overall caloric intake. A Gut NEVER looks good, well, only if you are pregnant! That is the one and only exception!! You must work on your abs and it will also help strengthen your back!!! I am a firm believer that if you work at it you can wear a bikini at 40+! (Ex: Sex and the City- Yeah I know, they were white……)

4. As you get older, it gets harder!!! I cannot just forgo breakfast anymore and lose 5 lbs. by the end of the week. And as we age we are more prone to back pain! Don't deprive yourself! Give yourself milestones (Lose 5 lbs, have that brownie, etc...) that will allow you to have the foods you love but in MODERATION not deprivation!

5. Be a COUGAR not a COW!!! Recently I was approached by a VERY ATTRACTIVE man 8 years my junior. As he approached me I shared with him my age and he was very surprised. I said to myself, what if I was 20 pounds lighter? I could look like I was 21 again  HAHAHAHA!!!

My girls and I have decided to join Weight Watchers. My commitment is that I will blog my success and I do mean my SUCCESS every week and keep you posted. Let me know what you think….. I am open to suggestions.....

No comments: