Tuesday, December 9, 2008

TIME ON MY HANDS..

You would think with all this extra free time I would find something more constructive to do. It's like watching paint dry. But.. nope! Between posting for jobs on washingtonpost.com, working part time shifts at the car wash, and keeping my house immaculate for potential renters to view, I usually find the dumbest, mind numbing thing to watch on tv. Things have been a little suspect since The Wire went off. I'm left to my own devices. Well, a friends turned me on to True Blood. Yes.. I know the season is over.. that is what On Demand is for. Was I initially interested in watching a series about vampires in the deep South? Not exactly, you know us "black folk" don't like nothing to do with the dark side. I pray Jesus don't put roots on my computer as I'm typing this.. but the show is good. Bill Compton (the main vampire) has to be the most romantic tv character I've seen in .. forever or maybe that is part of my strange dysfunction. Its twisted, dark, and intriguing all at the same time. Wouldn't be my usual pick, but kudos to HBO for giving me something with substance.

My personal MVP: Lafayette! Snap for the kids!

No comments: