Monday, December 15, 2008

THE EDDIE MURPHY HALL OF FAME..



Oscar .. check!
Goods looks.. (from the neck down anyway).. check!
Fame & Fortune.. check!
Viable recording artist...????

I know you all remember back in the day (mid 80's) when Eddie Murphy was at the height of his career and he decided to do that album. Y'all remember.. "my girl wants to party all the time.. party all the time.. party all the tiiiiiime!". RIP Rick James.. At the tender age of 9, I didn't take his musical prowess seriously. The male ego can be a bankable movie star's worst enemy. With such a solid career in the 80's now Eddie is reduced to being known for taking a liking to chicks with a little something extra and to being the questionable roomate of Johnny Gill. Oh, and let's not forget the 45 minute marriage he had with Tracy Edmonds. Um.. hmm.
Even before I saw the above clip, I always thought Jamie Foxx's musical talent was average at best. I recently watched the video "Just Like Me". If my one year old niece can hum the melody to the hook on your song.. it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! Now while I admit that "baby wipes" Terrence Howard takes himself a little too seriously as a recording artist, Mr. Foxx is not that far behind. Eddie Murphy is Jamie Foxx without the Oscar. Somebody needs a reality check.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is not that bad! Leave him alone! :)