Saturday, December 6, 2008

IS THAT SANTA.. KICKING IN MY BACK DOOR?


Another warm holiday story to get you in the Christmas mood. Wasn't Halloween over a month ago, cause I got the spooks. I know desperate times call for desperate measures, but I've seen a rise in home invasions in my neighborhood over the past few weeks. The latest victim.. my next door neighbor. Eventhough they only made off with a laptop, I'm shaking in my boots. Luckliy me and my neighbor are pretty cool, so I feel we look out for each other.. but she can't stop somebody from kicking in my back door in the middle of the night. So what is a single girl to do? I don't quite know, but while I'm in the process of finding sufficient home protection.. I trust NO ONE. Everyone is a suspect in my book. While I do believe it is some bored teenagers trying to find a way to pass the time, I'm giving the side eye to the mail man, the old lady that walks her poodle every morning, my other next door neighbor that never speaks eventhough I throw my hand up occassionally and wave, or the numerous service, cleaning personnel that may have been scoping out the place. So I'm a prisoner in my own home, but I'm not going down without a fight. My little Kingston will protect me. He may not be a 100 lb attack dog, but he'll bark to the high heavens.

No comments: