Tuesday, November 4, 2008

WE NEED THIS..


So many times I rage and rant about the negative images that filter to our young black men. I'm a huge fan of music, even a bigger fan of hip hop and in the last few years I've seen it reduced from an art form to the cliche.. I got money, I got bitches, I'm the king. You know what I'm talking about. I can't tell you how many times I've been approached by the "wrong one" who thinks they just left the video shoot and can pull me with a bullsh*t line or put in no effort at all(you can read the extended text from my new book "Why I'm Single: Tales from the Dark Side"). Now, I will be the first to admit when I'm at a party I don't organize a boycott when I hear Little Wayne's "Mrs. Officer"... but I'm a grown a*s woman.. and I pay taxes.. so to that.. everything needs a balance. So now that we are on the day that history is being made with the general election, can Barack Obama taking the White House be that balance? So just imagine what can happen when President Obama's influence can trickle down to that young black male who now thinks its cool to have the dream of running for political office. Its bigger than the title, its the sense of empowerment. Some people want to minimize that aspect, but this is HUGE! So in a few years, when it is normal to see minorities (race and gender) in power, couldn't it be an easier sell to a young black teenager who thought about selling drugs to change direction and say "I want to be President"?

No comments: