Saturday, November 29, 2008

SHOULD HE PUT A RING ON IT?.. HELLS YES


Big leaves Carrie at the altar - Sex and The City Movie
(Per the above clip, it has always been a fantasy of mine to pelt an ex over the head with a bouquet of flowers (or a brick) while looking ultra fabulous at the same time.)

I'm not going to use this post as another excuse to post Beyonce's "Single Ladies", eventhough I think I have mastered almost every dance move. I hope I'm not in a club after two drinks.. and that song comes on. That'll be a post for "How to Embarrass Yourself.. thinking you are Beyonce". Whether you think B has talent or not (which is still being debated), she always seems to find a "girl" anthem that catches fire to the masses (over 400k sold in the first week.. look it up). After I had a chance to actually listen to the words, most of them ring true.
I can count atleast two exes that have professed their undying love for me (recently) after the relationship was over.."guuurl.. you were the one that got away". Now, I don't take their pleas seriously. I figure if you didn't know that while you were with me, than it wasn't meant to be (and you're a SCRUB anyway for not bowing in the presence of royalty). I have a male friend who pretty much confirmed my worst fears. Let's say.. you're in the relationship. Everything is honky dory! He's diggin you, and you are diggin him. You talk about the future, jobs, kids, houses, the family pet. Ladies, at a certain age, you want to be on the path to marriage and committment. Does it have to be right around the corner?.. no, but it needs to be atleast in the neighborhood. Then.. poof .. pow.. you start to notice distance and withdrawal sneeking in. He doesn't always return your call in a timely manner or he starts hanging out with his boys alot more than he used to. Now do most women have to be joined at the hip to our significant others.. absolutely not, but you do like to have activities other than the regular sleepovers and an occasional trip to the movies or dinner, YES! Isn't that the point of getting in the relationship in the first place? But I digress.. so you get to the point where you feel your kindness is being taken for granted.. not too much time after (if not resolved) the relationship ends. I truly understand that not every attempt to "make it last forever" is not supposed to succeed.. but WHY.. 3 months later (or 3 minutes later).. do we get the same song and dance... "You know I always loved you girl.. I know I messed up.. Don't you love me anymore?.. Give me one more chance". I have come to the conclusion that men want what they can't have.. and if you give them what they ask for.. they still find a way to become paralyzed with "committment phobia" and run for the hills... or.. maybe I'm dating the wrong men... EUREKA!

CHURCH!!!

No comments: