Sunday, November 23, 2008

4th SUNDAY


If the Lord Jesus Christ was handing out grades for church attendance, I'd be going to His office hours begging for extra credit or make up work. Whether it is my stubbornness or laziness (I haven't figured out which one), but I still find it a challenge to get out of bed early Sunday morning to make it to early service. Not only does it make the Lord jump with glee, my mom gives me high fives when I surprise her by just showing up. So I had a little talk with Jesus, and we both decided I needed an incentive (hey, whatever works). Starting humming your favorite old negro spiritual.. cause your girl is now a proud member of the Cascade Door Keepers or CDK to those on the streets.. or just plain old usher board for everyone born before 1955. To serve does give you a sense of purpose other than just sitting in the pew. Not to knock my regular church goers, but knowing that others are depending on you to be there to assist makes it harder to punk out when you were out late the night before. Since I was the newbie, my assignment was pretty easy. I was told by an elder, during offering pass the basket to the next pew. I guess you don't get a door post until you got a few Sundays under your belt. I just had to smile and say Good Morning. It definitely put me in a better mood. Even though I don't always want to admit it, mama was right. Just a few hours surrounded by the holy spirit makes the day a little brighter. Is this a sign that I'm getting old? Maybe.. but I'm okay with that. Mothers' pearls now have more meaning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CDK sounds like a gang!! LOL!!Glad to see someone is getting the holy spirit!!