Sunday, October 5, 2008

SUNDAY'S BEST...



Good Evening faithful disciples. I bring you great tidings of deliverance from the 10th row pew, far left of the Cascade United Methodist Church. Honestly, this place (church) still mystifies me. I've had an internal dilemma for most of my life of doing what I want (being selfish) and doing what I know is right. The right thing to do is gleefully rise early EVERY Sunday morning with a smile on my face to put on my Sunday's best and join other worshipers in the house of the Lord. My heart has always told me it was the right thing to do. It was the way I was raised... but here I find myself on some (most) Sundays making excuses on why I'm not present on every Sunday. The older I get, those whispers of guilt become louder. So lately.. I have been present on that 10th pew, far left.. to hear the divine message picked out just for me. In some way shape or form, I can always pull something from that message that will comfort me or a family member/close friend. You know how you pray for others in the hope that someone is always praying for you. I practice that alot! I've never decided to go to church and then later regretted it. It is a place of solitude and reflection. I can laugh, listen intently or even cry without being judged. So my question, why is it hard to commit? With all the many blessings in my life, why can't I give HIM a solid 2 hours a week. I'll pray on it and get back to you. Until then.. I'll be on that 10th row pew on the far left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sista!!!

Who in the hell left the gate open?