Friday, October 24, 2008

RUNNING ON FUMES...



Hello People! Stick a fork in me.. I'm done! In the last month I've seen Atlanta Hartsfield Airport more than I've seen my mama, and she lives 10 minutes from me. I don't know how I'm doing it. I'm in ChicagoLand playing Mary Poppins to my niece and nephew while my sister is being whisked away for a well deserved vacay in Vegas with the hubby. The first full day is going smoothly, Scootie Poot (the one year old) is napping comfortably in her crib, and Stink Stink (the 3 yr old) is at school.. (PRAISE JESUS!). I'm getting a crash course on what it is like being a stay at home mom. I have to make this post quick, since I'm also need to be napping before Baby Jane wakes up and the other one needs to be picked up from school. I'm only 6 hours in. Oh.. and the party is not over. I was left with a full list of weekend activities. What one and three year old do you know that has a full social itinerary? I think I was hoodwinked! I thought I could stick a Happy Meal in their mouths, turn on Thomas the Train and call it a day. Not so! The three year old has no idea that his mama has abandoned him to go play footsie with his father somewhere in the middle of the desert (I'll be prepared for that tatrum), and that little one goes through more diapers than a newborn on prune juice. Let's just say she is VERY regular. I'll ask for your prayers while I'm knee deep in baby wipes and poop!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooo cute. Hold on sista, you're almost at the home stretch.

HJ

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!! That is why Baby T will be a "one and only" :) Have fun!!