Thursday, July 31, 2008

I HAVE A SINKING FEELING..


Barack Obama addressing crowd in Germany - July 2008


The summer is going by so quickly. Since Barack Obama won the Democratic nomination, I've tried to stay positive.. slow and steady .. I would repeat to myself. Any ounce of negativity or bad press would send my nerves cart wheeling. It is not a secret that John McCain is running a lack luster race. From my perspective, Barack can do no wrong. The guy is made out of teflon (seriously). In the back of my mind.. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop (this is my pessimistic side talking). I'm waiting for the bone to fly out of the closet that will send Barack's campaign into a tail spin. We are so close to the finish line. I don't want anybody to mess it up. The usual suspects likely would be the right wing militia, the "good ole boy" network (so I thought). Those that NEVER want to see a person of color reach the White House. Once again.. history repeats itself. Nobody is better at bringing US down than us! We don't have to worry about the Republicans.. we will hang ourselves. We will sell each other out quicker than Amy Winehouse can yell "crack" to have the opportunity to "shuck and jive" for the media at large. I don't know how much more Barack can sustain.. with the likes of Rev. Wright, Jesse Jackson, and now Ludacris (really?). This is my plea to all Black Americans... I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER CONTROVERSIAL SPEECH, PRESS CONFERENCE, SONG, RAP LYRIC, "UNDER YOUR BREATH" COMMENT, OLD NEGRO SPIRITUAL THAT CAN BE CONNECTED TO BARACK OBAMA IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM FROM ANYONE ELSE UNTIL NOVEMBER 5TH... and not one minute sooner. You know how you are dating a nice guy.. and you hope the relationship progresses.. so when it's time for him to meet your family.. you threaten bodily harm to anyone that tells him about the time you were a toddler and decided to take a impromptu bath in the toilet. Keep that sh*t to yourself. On November 5th at 12:01 am (to be exact).. you ignorant fools can plan a parade.. march down Constitution Avenue .. hand in hand.. dressed in mardi gras masks singing the theme to "Cooley High" for all I care. Until then.. I expect everyone to be on their best behavior. FREE SPEECH MY A**!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no question about it, I will never be able to listen to any Ludacris music again. He just makes me sick. Yes we have free speech but you need to learn that just because you think it does not mean you need to say it. How dare he disrespect a grown woman and call her a bitch or say McCain needs to be in a chair paralyzed. He sounds like a little boy. He needs to get his "grown man" on and talk and act like a man. Say something that makes sense. I feel like calling Luda's mother and encouraging her to just beat his a**. This is a Presidential election for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, not for the President of the 8th grade class.

I don’t even want Ludacris to come out and apologize for fear he will say something stupid again. If my boo-boo Barack has to take time out of his busy schedule one more time to discuss some ignorant comment I will lose my mind! I want all rappers, politicians and preachers to raise their right hand and solemnly swear to sit down and not speak until this election is over. That includes wearing some ignorant T-shirt with offensive words. I can see David Banner & T-Pain right now going to get a shirt air-brushed that says something crazy about McCain. Just sit down and shut the hell up please!!

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Anonymous said...

I agree 110%!!!