Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Baldwin Hills on BET.... Must Watch!



Okay, here we go... DO NOT give me heat for this! Yes, BET needs to step up on its programming and I promise, they have done a good job with this one! My fellow "chicks" are reality junkies and I AM NOT, however, I felt a strong need to watch this show and I must say, I am HOOKED!!!! This may be SLIGHTLY scripted BUT, It is real!!! This teen-focused reality show that is marketed as BET’s answer to Laguna Beach and The Hills, premiered with a respectable (for BET) 1.5 million viewers on Tuesday. As 2007-2008 BET premieres go, the show comes in second place after Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is, meaning troubled R&B stars are more compelling to BET viewers than upper-middle-class kids and their overbearing parents. However, It is a must watch and I LOVE the characters. I LOVE Staci and Sal. Staci appears to have had a very rough life and I just want her to make it. I want her to know that a world outside of Cali exists!!! Sal knows how to hustle. He is working on his music career and hopefully he will be successful. There are some characters on this show that have had a more privileged life than others, however, I can appreciate their perspective and I am hoping that they make good, solid, decisions that will last them a lifetime. If you missed it, the first season will be available on DVD on July 29th OR you can download the 1st season by clicking here

If you have the audacity to watch The Hills, Laguna Beach, The Real World, Gossip Girl, Flavor Flav, or any other B.S. "so called" reality on TV, you can and should watch this..... Let me know your thoughts.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard Sal rap can I say what the feezy..(That boy is good..No good and terrible-Coming to America quote) Dude is gaaarbage. I do like the two sisters true definition of hoodratstarz.

Anonymous said...

It's hard for me to catch this one, since I bypass BET on a daily basis. I am "Hills" watcher, but there is history there. I've been there since Laguna Beach. It probably is a good show, but as usual BET is a day late.. dollar short. I would be impressed if they came up with some original programming. Wow.. original.. that's an idea!