Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ALUMNI WEBSITES- HARMLESS OR DANGEROUS.....



Okay, At this point, you probably have received a request to join your college/university alumni website(especially if you went to a HBCU) or, if your high school is technologically (is that a word?) savvy, THEY even have an alumni website for you to join. This can be pleasurable or possibly painful.. Maybe a little of both! At first, it almost becomes an addiction. You post your page and then the flood gates open. Everyone is searching for you OR you are searching for everyone. You are on the site maybe 2, 3, 10 times a day!!! Who are you looking for? An old roommate, maybe an accounting classmate, sorority sister or frat brother and aah, yes, that male/female that you once dated, had amazing sex with, or who broke your heart. It is inevitable. It is human nature. It is okay to be a "voyeur" as long as you do not become a stalker AND you have good intentions. It is nice to see who is married or not, their cute or not so cute(sorry, God forgive me!)children. You just want an update. And guess what, whomever contacts you wants an update as well. Most people are caring individuals that really want the best for you but the "Haters" are there. Lurking in the cut, hoping you are unhappy in your current situation. And your "situation" does not matter. Married, single, if they send you a "message" and in your response you give them the slightest inkling that you could be interested in "keeping contact" and you know the type of "keeping contact" that I am talking about, you could be headed for trouble. As I visit my alumni website on occasion :) I just have one rule of thumb. Think before you type. Once it is sent, it is immortalized......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what? You all are going to keep going on these Roundup websites and mess around and mess up your happy home. The people who start up these HBCU websites are the devil. That is why I am a "Peeping Tom" on those sites. I will find YOU when I want to find you, you don't need to come finding me and messing up my happy home. :)(Those who know me know I don't even have a happy home to mess up.) hehe