Thursday, February 12, 2009

WHOLE FOODS OR WHOLE "CHECK"


Okay, you know I'm at the new job... watching my p's and q's, but I'm being corrupted by my hilarious "who gives a f*ck" coworker that likes to take naps at her desk, curses like a sailor, and take 2 hour lunches. I was coerced.. okay forced on one of her excursions yesterday to Whole Foods.. ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN (14th and P Street)!!! Peer pressure is a b*tch! So once I reached our destination, I forgot Whole Foods can be intoxicating and expensive. With two additional coworkers in tow, the original plan was to head to the deli, pick up our food and roll out. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes... right? WRONG!!! They all scattered like roaches when the lights come on.... and one of the Fabulous Four had the nerve to get a grocery cart (WTF are you doing?). The whole time I'm standing there with lunch in hand looking for something to keep me occupied so I don't keep looking down at my watch. What was my impulse purchase?... CUPCAKES! It's a code 10/man down situation. I need someone to yank me up out of here now! I head to the cashier and was floored when my final total came to $17.85 (FOR LUNCH!!).. my original budget was $7.00. I have to rebuke these lunch excursions before I go broke. We were gone 1 hour and 45 minutes! I complained.. "I'm going to get fired!!! " which was met by my coworker's response.. "Shudup!". Tomorrow it'll be a turkey sandwich on wheat with Doritos and a Capri Sun in the 4th floor lunchroom.

1 comment:

kevin said...

great post so true