Saturday, February 14, 2009

LOVE HER OR HATE HER.....

Oprah is the Sh*t!!!

I have gone back and forth on many occasions, but I have never been a hater.

Here are my top 3 reasons why I may become an "OPRAH" stalker...

1. I believe, SHE, TRULY helped President Obama win the "undecided/maybe Hillary- white woman" vote! I know, I know, she received a lot of flack for her endorsement at first, however, people tuned in and finally listened....

2. She admits her faults- Yes, she is a fat ass right now but who has not had their moments. Get back on the wagon and take your ass to the gym!! That goes for me as well :)

3. HER MAGAZINE IS THE BOMB!!! Yes, she is on the cover every month but WHO CARES!!! The content does not disappoint, EVER. In addition to the VIBE and the JET, PICK UP THIS MAGAZINE!!! One of my favorite articles that appears every month is "What I know for sure" and The "Aha moment."

In the March 2009 issue, on P. 62 Jill Scott is discussing her "AHA moment." I can relate to it for a number of reasons, she lost her Aunt unexpectedly, was at turmoil with her family, but mostly because in all this, she learned a valuable life lesson- Enjoy life to the fullest and NEVER compromise on the search for love. Congratulations on walking away from a marriage that was not working, loving yourself first and finding happiness!

Read the article. It is damn good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oprah? You have to be kidding right? Oprah... BOO!!!! And yes I'm a black woman.

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way... Read the article. It is not really about Oprah. It is deeper than that...