Thursday, February 19, 2009

HOUSTON.. WE HAVE A PROBLEM



Sitting here at my desk, mouth watering.. and only one thing can tame this craving.. HOUSTON'S! When did they decide to get rid of the local DC Houston restaurants? I know I just got back, but when I left they had closed the one in Georgetown (prime location) but still had two standing in Rockville and Bethesda. Now we are down to one. One thing about Atlanta, I had four friendly locations that I visited often. Going down memory lane, I remember I was introduced to Houston's in '97 in Georgetown (hi Blink). My love affair began with the spinach dip and the Biltmore.. and I don't want to get started on that Hawaiian Rib Eye that makes me slip into food induced coma. That was my pick me up spot (for more reasons that one). I could go to the bar, sit quietly and enjoy my food. My stomach is turning in knots just knowing I can't hop in my car and cure my fix. I know it's a recession, but I've never been in a Houston's that wasn't packed.. what happened? I'd also like to pour out a little liquor for the Chi town location that went under a few years back, my sister still hasn't recovered.

No comments: