Tuesday, February 24, 2009

IMPULSE BUY..


My impulse shopping comes in many forms. A pair of PHAT shoes that I know I won't be able to walk in, but they were purchased because they were on sale or in my exact size (size 5's are hard to come by outside the children's department). I made alot of impulse buys decorating my house, Target and Crate & Barrell are the DEVIL!!! or the 4 flat screen televisions that are now sitting in my mother's basement (since the BIG move) that I just had to have in my fabulous fully furnished house that was only occupied by myself and a 5 lb yorkie (he only likes HGTV). I'm so supposed to be on the path of controlling my spending, but driving by a Gold's Gym the other day I decided to stop in. I figured since I was so familiar with my previous gym in Atlanta and frequented it often, I had this membership thing down. Plus, it was time for me to get back on the Elliptical and off the couch. So I take my little tour, of the weights, workout rooms, the movie theater (yes!), and once I flashed the government ID, they literally starting throwing deals at me. So, I signed on the dotted line and looked forward to my first workout. Fast forward to Saturday morning, I head to my new gym with towel and bottled water in hand. I seriously was peeved when I looked inside where my class was supposed to begin and saw no one under the age of 55. I looked on the calendar to see if it was Senior Citizen day. Where are all the hot, young, and fabulous gym dwellers that work out on Saturday morning? It gets worse. I figured since I live in an area where minorities are the majority, I would see that reflected in the music selection during my workout. All I gotta say is Bon Jovi and Whitesnake are not my friends. I'm used to Clay D, MC Shy D, and the Big Booty All Stars. I am now orchastrating my plan to get out of my membership. That visitors' pass is looking quite attractive right now. FYI, if I don't break into a sweat, it was not a workout!!

No comments: