Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We need to have rules for Facebook……

Alright people, Yes, the "chicks" have converted. Now that I am a part of the true "cyber universe" and have joined FB, I think there needs to boundaries and limitations. While I am enjoying my ability to reconnect and tell people what I am doing every minute of the freakin' day, I feel that on a few occasions, people have stepped too far outside of their box. I have had this discussion with my "chicas" on many occasions and I think we agree, there needs to be very explicit rules. No shades of gray. If you don’t, it may cause major confusion in the long run so lets save ourselves some heartache!


Here are a few of my rules: feel free to comment, add, or adapt your own! My expectations may not be your expectations…...

1. If you are married or have a VSB "Very Serious Boo" -if an EX or anyone you EVER slept with tries to "friend" you - JUST SAY IGNORE!! It will feel like you are being tortured to death by paper cuts if your mate ever finds out. Trust me on this one….

2. Settings- make sure that you create your settings to only allow you or your friends to see your page. Once again, the crazies are out there but more importantly many employers are searching potential candidates pages for any shenanigans. If you have been "tagged" in a photo where you are drunk at the club sprawled out on the dance floor a future employer may use that against you!

3. Unless your FB page states you are interested in a relationship, don’t add people you don’t know! Many do it just to escalate their "friend" number. Too many crazies people, too many crazies!! And the number of friends you have really doesn’t matter now does it? If your true friends and or family are on your page, that is who you really care about RIGHT?!?!

4. Coworkers- to add or not to add? The problem with large numbers is that you forget who you have enlisted as your " friends" and when you write that you have been sitting on the toilet, out binge drinking or hooked up with a one night stand does that really need to be the topic of convo around the water cooler? Don’t think so!

5. It is OKAY to DELETE!!! I delete miscellaneous people I made my friends because I thought I knew them or we had ONE friend in common. I delete those stupid friend things you all want me to do like send a kiss from a monkey to ten people. I delete party promotions for cities I do not live in, I delete dumb ass comments, I delete stuff I just don’t feel like answering. I am SOOOO okay with it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those dumb ass comments get deleted.. ALL THE TIME.. like fools that think they are being funny.. and you want to say to them.. you don't know me like that.. DE-LETE!!

Anonymous said...

I may have to delete my profile from Face book. Many people are in true violation!