Tuesday, September 9, 2008

GUILTY PLEASURES: TV EDITION

I would love to see the Nielsen ratings info for the following two shows. I just want to get an idea if I'm the target audience. I'm glued to both of these shows.. and don't think for one minute I'm proud of it. That is why this blogger has hidden her identity (HELLO!). Should I be glued to "Baldwin Hills", "New York Goes to Hollywood" or "Luke: Parental Advisory"? I can't... I even lost a little faith in my previous favorite "Run's House".. and if "Black Men Revealed" is supposed to be an honest discussion about life and relationships from a black man's perspective.. I'm running for the hills.. Speaking of The Hills..


The Hills - Season 4 Trailer

Season after season, I threaten that this will be my last. I'm too old, and on paper.. I have nothing in common with these people.. BUT.. I can't help it. Yes.. it's highly scripted.. and the plots are somewhat trivial.. but maybe it's the thought that if I was half focused while in my 4 (okay 5) years at college, I could have the fabulous job in the fashion industry where I can hop a jet and travel to Paris, be on the guest lists at all the hot (hawt) LA parties or sit front row at New York's fashion week. Ahhh... a girl can dream can't she?


Gossip Girl - Season 2 Trailer

I can't go into detail about Gossip Girl yet. The common thread between these two shows are they are white and they are rich. Am I having a "low self esteem moment" since I am neither? Uh oh.. somebody grab a copy of "Good Times". I think I just had a breakthrough.. (my therapists would be so proud). Okay.. I'm done.. I'm emotionally drained now!

No comments: