Friday, April 10, 2009

Is the circus in town?


The above pic now constitutes as a luxury loaner these days.

These auto bailouts got these auto makers shaking in their boots. I don't want to keep perpetuation the term "recession", cause like most of you.. I need to be optimistic about my financial situation.. BUT, I dropped off my luxury SUV for service this morning. Now I'm used to getting a loaner comparable to what I drive on a regular basis. That's part of the perk of owning one of the luxury brands.. it gives them an excuse to let you test drive the newer model in the hopes you come back ready for a trade in (trade up). They set all kind of traps, like eliminating the separate waiting room and making you sit on the showroom floor with the newest, phattest, fully loaded model of the current car you are getting serviced. We've all done it.. you go sit inside that brand new 760i with the heated steering wheel trying to figure out how you can make those payments. Cut out eating for a year, or sell a kidney? Umm no. So as I'm daydreaming.. sitting in that 2009 4.8 X5, intoxicated by the smell of new leather, my service writer pulls up in what looks like a cross between a clown car and a luxury go cart. Do I have my bourgeoisie hat on today? So not trying to be a car snob, but can I get the keys to that suped up 645 convertible parked in the back? He politely smiled and said "This is all we got". As much money I'm about to drop to repair my cv boot (not sure what that is exactly), can you appease me just a little? I know a car is too small when a 5 footer (such as myself) started to feel claustrophobic. My car will be ready by 4.

No comments: