Friday, May 23, 2008

To have and to hold from this day forward.....How many secrets are you keeping?!?!?



Okay... You might think that this is about marriage, however, IT IS NOT! It is about having children! Once you find out you are pregnant, there is no turning back(for the most part- for RIGHT NOW, we do have options)!!!! As a CMP (Crazy Married Person) I cannot begin to tell you how overjoyed I was to find out I was pregnant, however, once reality TRULY set in, I realized that my once VERY carefree lifestyle(sleeping late, kicking it with my girlz on a whim, NOT cooking, NOT cleaning, working my ASS off) was OVER!!! I have no family in the area to help me so I basically knew that me and my hubby were on our own. I embraced the idea, had an amazing pregnancy, and delivered a beautiful baby girl. Once she got here, I strangely enough, knew what to do. Instinct set in and she is now nearly two years old. I surprise myself sometimes :) However, It is not without hard work. I have a little person that needs me for EVERYTHING, tells me NO, NO NO! Makes me smile constantly, sometimes makes ME cry( won't give me well deserved kisses after a hard day or throws her own tantrum in the middle of the grocery store) but regardless, she is happy and healthy and I am TRULY blessed! But this is what hit home. I read an article today that let me know that I am not in this alone. It was about a book "Dirty Little Secrets from Otherwise Perfect Moms. " I laughed OUT LOUD!!! If you have not done any of these things, they will either cross your mind or you will say to yourself, why didn't I think of that!!! Here are a few examples:

1. When at the grocery store, in addition to all of the diapers and baby food you are purchasing, you slip in a Nordstrom gift card and charge it as groceries. That is true justification for all of the hard work that you do.....
2. You find out that your neighbors heard you on their baby monitor( they are on the same frequency) and you have decided to change your tone and become the "sweet nice mommy"
3.You lied to your preschool and told them that your son is potty trained and acted surprised when he had accidents EVERYDAY!!!
4. Forgot to pick up your child from kindergarten because you were engulfed in the an episode of the "Flava of Love!!"
5. An all time best- During the week your children DO NOT wear pajamas at night. They go to bed in their school clothes because you do not want to have to fight with them in the morning!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

What are your secrets???? I would love to hear them!!!

No comments: