Monday, May 19, 2008

ANT'S HOT MUSIC PICKS

MY "RESTORE MY FAITH IN HIP HOP" PICK: "Rising Up" - The Roots feat. Chrisette Michelle

By living in the DC area for a few years, there was no way you could get away from GO-GO! I'm glad someone had the common sense to use it on a single. Maybe now it will get the recognition it deserves. GO-GO WORLDWIDE! It's not just about "Bust It Baby's" and "Drop and Give ME Fifty" and any other garbage that comes across our airwaves.. this is REAL hip hop!





MY "POP" PICK: "Closer" - Ne-Yo

Okay, this one surprised me. Never been a huge Ne-Yo fan. Yes, he's very talented, but I've never really connected to any of his songs. He's a little hard on the eyes, but alot of money and great production will make anyone appealing. This one kills in Step Class. It gives me a burst of energy to push myself across that bench. It get giddy thinking of all the calories I hope I'm burning. So now when I hear it in the car, I do my pretend "I'm Ne-Yo singing to a sold out crowd at Phillips Arena" dance.




MY ALTERNATIVE PICK: "Great DJ" - The Ting Tings

This is what I would listen to if I pulled out my secret blonde wig and danced around while trying to clean my room. I can't get the chorus out of my head. Open your mind people. This is what happens when you watch too much of "The Hills". FYI.. technically, I am too old to know about "The Hills".

No comments: