Saturday, May 24, 2008

SEX AND THE CITY... LOVE IT?!? HATE IT?!?

Alright ladies, I have to admit that I am a HUGE Sex & the City fan. I am very excited about seeing the movie and I have already made an "appointment" with my girlz to see this flick, however, I do have my grievances....
Here are the things I loved about this "Era....."
1. Exhibiting the true bond of friendship in all of its candor
2. BIG, BIG and more BIG (Everyone in some shape or form had or will have a guy like him in their lifetime)
3. The ability to be sexually liberating (in discussion and in real life)
4. Even though I am not yet 40, the expectation is that 40 is the new 20(with a lot more sense and wisdom!!!)
5. Many times I did not agree with what Carrie had on in MANY episodes, these ladies really did change the face of fashion.

Here is my Pain....
1. Why was there not a girlfriend of color??? EVER!!!
2. Does it really make sense, no matter how fashionable we are, to spend $500 plus on shoes and more than $1000 on handbags when we still have hurricane Katrina victims that are still living in FEMA trailers!!!!
3. Carrie was renting to afford the above luxuries, however, at her age renting is is NOT cool! Use the same handbag for more than one season and save your $ and own a spot B*!tH!!!
4. Miranda making Brooklyn seem like it was the worst place in hell to live!!! I was a resident for more than 5 years and loved every crazy minute of it!
5. The way that the series finale ended...I guess that is why we now have a highly anticipated movie!

Is this just me??? What are your thoughts!?!?!

No comments: