Friday, June 5, 2009

WHEN "I LOVE YOU" IS NOT ENOUGH...


Knowing this picture was photo shopped, it's the thought that counts.. right? With all the ups and downs Shaunie & Shaq have had over the past few years, it's nice to see them in a better place. Speaking of.. I wonder how they got here? Just a few years back, allegations were flying back and forth, infidelity claims, hiding money.. what brought the love back? Is that the same love that will bring Nas and Kelis back together, or my mom and pops after 34 years of marriage (not holding my breath for that one). I need details. That picture also made me think about people, and my relationships, how things end up from point A to B (did I lose you yet?). I think about the complexities of relationships and how fragile things really can get. (I hope to pull my thoughts together any minute now). I guess I'm having a day of reflection. Over the past few weeks, I've had two exes in particular, share with me that I may have been the one that got away. Translation.. I've dated a bunch of losers since we parted ways, and now I realize I should've stuck it out with you. While I do get momentary satisfaction, my question is "What's the point?". One was the high school sweetheart. You know that VERY first boyfriend that you just knew you were going to marry and have kids with at the wise age of 18, and the one that completely shocked you when he broke your heart for the first time. The other, the most recent significant other. The one that seemed long term and had potential until one day it just magically fell apart right in front of your very eyes. Ya know, you invest almost 2 years in, family meet and greet, semi co habitation, Sunday morning church services together and then one day.. you think to yourself.. "Nope, not it". So, you rehash who did what, apologies follow and all is supposed to be right with the world? Not quite. This seems to be a repeating theme over the last few relationships, and the common denominator is ME. Is it clarity or is it just adding to my confusion? Moving on..

2 comments:

LCG said...

Is this real? My hope it that when I reach ROCK Bottom, and I have, a few times, I might add.... Can you really get back to that "place"

TRenard said...

As a man who has done the same on atleast a couple of occasions, I can tell you exactly what it is. Men we will have something good, but often feel that there is someone better for us. Better in the sense of nicer, or more compatible, or even more attractive. What we as men have to realize is that some of us will never get what we consider the perfect woman. The woman who bakes like our mom and then looks like LisaRaye at night. So what happens, we go out searching for that perfect one and once we realize she doesn't exist, we come back to the perfect one for us, which is you.

As men we have to grow up and recognize the jewel that we have.